Hiya. Because I seem to have ditched the “letter to your 13-year-old self” meme (too much self-reflection, ha) I will now attempt this much easier holiday one that is making the rounds. The talented and lovely Kerstin at Leave It at the Beep tagged me.
Rules for the game are as follows:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
1. Wrapping or Gift Bags? I am a die-hard fan of the gift bag. However, I do tend to wrap a lot of family gifts because I like the cute paper options and it’s cheaper. So I guess I’ll have to say that I do a combination.
2. Real or artificial tree? Um, neither. We haven’t put up a tree in a couple of years but when we do/did, it is artificial. As a child we always had real trees though and it was great. One of them my parents transplanted in the front yard after Christmas and it now towers above the house which I think is pretty cool.
3. When do you put up the tree? See #2. When we did I think it was usually the weekend after Thanksgiving? Maybe. Can’t remember. That old age thing.
4. When do you take the tree down? Again, see above. The weekend after Christmas if we have a tree up. Taking down holiday decorations is a real downer for me so I like to get it over with asap.
5. Do you like eggnog? Have I even tried eggnog before? Not sure. But I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t/don’t like it. Mom, is that the stuff they used to spike with Jack Daniel’s at family dinners? Or was that boiled custard? Is that the same thing as eggnog? I should totally know this.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Don’t know that I have an absolute favorite but I do have a few that stand out in my mind. A yellow Tonka dump truck, my ten-speed bike, pink hula hoop…
7. Do you have nativity scene? Negative.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing’s ringing a bell on this one so I guess there weren’t any truly horrible ones.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Definitely mail. Which reminds me that I really need to go to the post office.
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story! Love this movie! “You’ll shoot your eye out kid!”
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually have picked up one or two gifts along during the year if I see the absolute perfect gift for someone. But the majority of it gets done the weekend before the big day. I work best under pressure.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Dressing, chex mix, dessert.
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored.
14. Favorite Christmas Song? Jingle Bells, 12 Days of Christmas, Let It Snow, Rudolph…the old standards.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Is this what I prefer to do or what I actually do? I guess travel (not that it’s that far to my family’s house).
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Only because I cheated off of Kerstin.
17. Angel on tree top or star? Star.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Definitely Christmas morning. There are no presents until Santa comes.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The crowds. And crazy, greedy people who will stop at nothing to get that hot toy for their precious little rugrat.
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Enough with the tree questions already. But the answer is no.
21. What do you leave for Santa? Nothing. I don’t even remember doing this as a kid. Yikes. Naughty girl.
22. Least favorite holiday song? Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer (if that even qualifies), Silent Night (lightning may strike, take cover)….
23. Favorite Ornament? I have the cutest Poky Little Puppy ornament that I love. Also, The Accountant’s grandmother gave us several porcelian ones that she handmade that I think are very special.
I don’t think I’ll tag anyone since most people I know have already done this. But feel free to take it and run.