Its been a long wait to return to La Ville-Lumière but it is finally here and The Accountant and I leave tomorrow evening! This trip is in celebration of our 15th wedding anniversary earlier in the summer, and is the perfect excuse to return to Paris (not that you need an excuse). We’ll leave Nashville on Friday (tomorrow) and arrive in Paris on Saturday afternoon, which will be like experiencing a bizarre time-warp. We will have some time to defeat jet lag and get settled in before joining up with a small group of fellow travelers on Sunday.
Our plans are as such…
- 8/8: Travel to Paris via Atlanta.
- 8/9: Attempt to find our hotel on our own because ADVENTURE! Recover from said flight. Random wandering.
- 8/10: Explore the neighborhood. Bus tour. Dinner.
- 8/11: Ile de la Cité. The Latin Quarter. Notre Dame Cathedral. Sainte-Chapelle. Cluny National Museum of the Middle Ages.
- 8/12: Montmartre. Sacré-Coeur Basilica. Seine River cruise. Wine tasting.
- 8/13: Marais district. Place des Vosges. Jewish Quarter. Carnavalet Museum. The Louvre.
- 8/14: Versailles.
- 8/15: Orangerie Museum. Eiffel Tower. More random wandering.
- 8/16: Travel home via Atlanta.
- 8/17: Collapse.
- 8/18: Unpack. Nap. Eat. Repeat napping and eating.
- 8/19: Real world re-entry.